Cooking:1 hr 30 min
- 1lb peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1tsp rosemary minced
- 1tsp thyme minced
- 500g of lean diced beef
- 1ltr of beef stock
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1tbsp of tomato purée
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 2tbsp of chickpea flour
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over a medium heat for a a couple of minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, rosemary and thyme and sauté until the onions are tender.
- Toss the beef in salt & pepper and the chickpea flour to coate.
- Turn up the heat and add the beef to the pot. Cook until the beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and using a wooden spoon, stir up all the brown bits from off the bottom of the pan
- Add the butternut squash and sun-dried tomatoes, stir to combine
- Add enough beef stock to cover the beef and squash.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat, the reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Season with additional salt & pepper to taste.
|nutritional information (approximate values)|
This dish lends itself to a slow cooker, simply follow the instructions up to step 8, and then transfer to your slow cooker and turn it on to either its low or high setting and forget about it, until it’s time to eat!