This healthy option for a quick and easy dinner is taken from Delicious Magazine and is the inspiration for my evening meal tonight. The original recipe servers 4, but because I’m single, I’ve altered the ingredients accordingly.
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 large unpeeled butternut squash, deseeded and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 2 British free-range chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano
- 1/2 bunch fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1, remainder thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c/180°c (fan)/gas mark 6.
- Whisk the olive oil and dijon mustard together in a small bowl
- Divide the remaining ingredients, apart from the lemon slices, between 2 roasting tin, then mix with the dressing and plenty of salt & pepper
- Divide the lemon slices between the tins, putting one on each chicken thigh.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour or until tender and golden, turning the veg occasionally.
- Serve with lemon wedges
The original recipe serves 4, my single person alterations are in bold
|nutritional information (approximate values)|