Griddling lettuce might seem odd, but it makes it soft with a crisp outer surface.
- 6 little gem lettuces, halved, large outer leaves removed
- Good drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, roughly chopped and toasted in a pan with a little oil
- Rub the lettuces with the olive oil and wine vinegar, then season
- Heat a griddle pan until smiling hot, then griddle the lettuce for 3 minutes on each side or until golden
- Transfer to a warmed dish and season well.
- Drizzle over any vinaigrette from the drizzle pan, then toss with the hazelnuts
|nutritional information (approximate values)|