Rich in Omega 3 from smoked mackerel, this brain food recipe is a great midweek supper idea.
- 200 g spinach
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp grated horseradish from a jar (horseradish sauce works well too)
- 200 g smoked mackerel, skin removed
- 8 medium free range eggs
- lemon wedges to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6
- Put the spinach in a colander, pour over freshly boiled water from the kettle and leave to wilt. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water and divide among 4 individual pie dishes
- Mix the crème fraîche with the chives and horseradish ans season well
- Flake the mackerel among the dishes, then share out the crème fraîche mixture.
- Crack 3 eggs into each dish. Season wit a little salt and plenty of pepper
- Cover each dish with foil, then bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes until the whites of the eggs are set with just the faintest wobble.
- Stand for 2 minutes, then server with the lemon wedges for squeezing
|nutritional information (approximate values)|